Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Gobble Gobble



"I am Thankful for my family, I am Thankful for my friends, but the turkey is now here, so LETS DIG IN!" Corky little sayings my be said like that, in hundreds of home on Thursday for one of my favorite holidays. Thanksgiving is here and I am truly ready to be stuffed. I can just taste the stuffing and the mashed potatoes now on my tongue. Ooh. And let's not get started on the deserts, cheesecake and pineapple cake, wow wow, they are great. Yummy, I can't wait. Ok, yes there are more reasons why Thanksgiving is one of my favorites. It is a day when people just flat out say Thank you. Thank you Jesus, Thank you Mom and Dad, Thank you Grandma, for ALL the things you have done for me, for all the guidance, and for all the encouragement. The pilgrims started this day way back when they had a big feast with the native Americans. What a great idea. J Also you may get to see family members who you haven't seen in a while and catch up face to face about events occurring in his or her life. Of course, you may run into that one cousin of yours who no matter what, always seems to start something with someone. They can not control their attitude problem, and by the end of the day, there will be hostile comments and blatant anger towards some. Thanksgiving is Family. It should be a day where we can settle conflicts and join hands in unity over some warm delicious peach cobbler. I have always thought of having thanksgiving with my family and there is never a time where I would think that I wouldn't. Then I came to college. I met people from out of town who did not have the money to go home and see their families over the holiday. That situation really hurt my heart. I know how bad they want to be at home and enjoy being around family, rather than being stuck on campus with a couple of random strangers who are in your same situation. Well, I hope they still cook some delicious food and not rely on a pizza delivery or something of that sort. Happy Happy Happy Turkey Day! Gobble Gobble.

No comments: