Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Tick Tock Ticking



This is a waste of time. Blogging. How dumb. Ummm. I kind of agree. A recent article that I read solidified my opinion. The article basically said that the blogging world is no longer for amateur because they are being taken over by the professionals. Once when you could instantly Google an event and bloggers opinions would come up, not when you look for things, you have to shift through several professional magazines or online newspaper writers. He states that your work will be left to read by the hecklers and the people who always find something wrong with information. There will be no one to appreciate it. I personally agree with him, because this blog has been read by no one other than the forced readers due to assignments. But then again, I do agree that some people actually just enjoy writing. Blogging is a way to express you. Some writers do not blog for the fame, they blog to inform friends or even themselves about views and ideas of a certain experience. For those who are not professional writers, blogging is their safe haven. If we deplete the use of blogging, what are they left to do? Even though it may take time and consideration of what to put on your blog, that goes hand in hand with accounts such as Facebook that he advocated. It takes time and consideration of figuring out what pictures to add to your Facebook and what personal information to show. I don't think that Paul Boutin was a blogger who enjoyed it. I think that he was more focused on the fame and the amount of views that he received. Once he realized professionals and etc. where crossing into the forbidden land of blogging, he felt that blogging was a waste of time. As stated earlier, I'm in agreement with Paul. Why? Because writing is not a way that I choose express myself. I only like writing when it is necessary and other times, it is a hassle. I am more of a reader. But for those bloggers out there, you keep it up….LETS BLOG!

No comments: