Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Team up


I can take over the world by myself. I don’t need you. I am so much more powerful and smarter than you. Umm I’m sure that several people have thought this same thought, but as you can tell, no one has yet taken over the world and If someone is in charge of something, they have to have the support of other people along with their selves. From way way way back, collective action emerged by hunting large mammals. Someone figured that if they work with more people, the easier it would be to hunt the large mammals and have more food. Howard Rheingold’s video on this topic, was very thought provoking. Personally, pretty much everything I want to accomplish comes along with the work of other. So you can’t study and make a great grade by yourself? Yes, I can, but if I have a study group, and call pull on their strengths to strengthen my weaknesses, my grade will be better. The tragedy of the commons kind of reminds me of the SAW V movie. No one trusts anybody, but all they have to do is work together to stay alive. Of course there are many problems that can arise with collective action. There will always be someone who thinks they deserve to be the leader in all possible walks of life. I seem to have the tendency of always getting stuff together, and I think It’s just a natural built in ability to lead. I have no problem following, but if I discover a better way of doing something, I will voice my opinion. I think It is amazing that some principles which were started thousands of years ago, still apply today, even with things in existence now which were not back then. The video also spoke about the prisoner’s dilemma and more up to date cases of that situation. All around the world, people have to accept the responsibility of teaming up with others if they want to successfully complete a task.

No comments: