Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Change



Before I came to college, someone told me that if I come back home the same person, then I did myself no justice in going to college. They were not necessarily meaning me gaining academic knowledge; they were meaning me growing emotionally and fundamentally as a person. College is a soil that you, a seedling, is implanted into for four or five years, rain and food is sprinkled upon you and you are beaten with storms. Once you are ripe, you emerge a beautiful and well rounded flower that has more abilities than ever imagined. Well maybe the situation is not that poetic, but everyone does change tremendously while in college. You learn first hand, different cultures, you make new friends and sadly, you cut loose some childhood friends. You view your world differently and you formulate opinions more wholly than once ever thought of. College has made me a more loving and articulate person. I reach out to others more and if I believe in something, I will try my best to make you see my point. I may not be an expert on proving myself yet, but I am getting there. Attire change is also a product of college. Once baggy wearing gym clothes wearing girl, could awaken from her fashion slumber and dress classy and sleek everyday. Interesting, I know. I'm thankful for this change in my life. I do not even notice directly some of the things that I have began doing until others point them out in me. Strange how you think you should know everything about yourself, because you are yourself. But you don't. Lol. We all should embrace chance. Why should we stay consistent? Is that benefiting anyone? If we are not faced with difficulties how will we know to appreciate things? If we are away from home and remain exactly the same whenever we return, why did we even leave the house? Even if it is not a large change, changes occur unconsciously.

No comments: