Saturday, November 22, 2008

Hype



College students have the most spirit ever known to man. If there is an event at their school, you will be sure to know that they are going to support in as little or as much ways as possible. So its 10.30 am and I hear a loud parade outside my window, its for the game. Everyone is so excited and ready to beat NC State, the whacky wolf pack. I am not going to attend the game because I'm stuck studying Statistics all night, and all the weeks up until the final. L sad, I kno. Students today are going to be decked out in their Carolina blue and repping the Tar heels to the fullest. Seeing people so highly spirited about these events sort of make me want to be that way, but ummm it hasn't had a full effect on me yet. What I hate is standing beside a person who believes the more he screams and jumps the team is going to score! Wow. Those types can make your experience miserable at a sporting event. UNC is known for its fan base and they even have a fancy name, Carolina Fever. The members of that group have UNC spirit to the upmost extreme! You can not not feel a surge of energy when in a stadium with them. They make the game more exciting in my opinion. Today's weather can deter fans who are not extremely committed to supporting their school. That's why I am sitting in my dorm room right now. I am sure that the foot ball game will be packed today because there are lots of students on the search for tickets now. There are even some students who would pay up to $20 for a ticket that is normally free. Yea, of course that is illegal but hey, desperate times call for desperate measures. Today's football game is a really big one, we have been hearing junk from the wolf pack fans all year. Well today I believe that the game is not going to only depend on the players, but also how Hype the fans can get. TAR……HEELS!!! TAR…..HEELS…..will resound all around Kennan Stadium and I believe we will leave victorious.

No comments: